General Terms & Conditions
Marlin Mobile Workshop Software
Megabus Software Pty Ltd (ABN 18 605 992 096) (Megabus, ‘us’, ‘we’) is committed to privacy protection.
For the purposes of this policy, the products and services described in this section will be referred to as “products and services”.
What is your personal information?
What personal information do we collect and hold?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
• Email address
• Telephone number
• Details of the products and services provided to you or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries
• Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our app or indirectly through use of our app or website or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use our app.
The app may collect certain information automatically including but not limited to the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device and your mobile operating system.
How do we collect your personal information?
Megabus collects personal information from you in a variety of ways, including:
• through your access and use of our app;
• when we provide our products and services to you;
• during conversations between you and our representatives.
We may also collect personal information from third parties including:
• contact details of potential customers and business contacts through our own investigations of or via an existing customer or contact;
• your representatives or other organisations who provide products or services to you;
• from publicly available sources, for example press releases, news reports and online media;
• commercial information service providers, such as companies that provide background checks and fraud prevention reports.
For what purpose do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide best possible quality of customer service. We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
• to provide tailored products and services to you and to process your transactions, including billing;
• to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products or services;
• to provide you with access to the app;
• to assess the performance of the app and to improve their operations;
• to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
• for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes of Megabus, its related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
• statistical purposes to improve the range of our products and services. However, aggregated (ie de-identified) information will generally be used;
• to provide your updated personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
• to process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
• to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in cooperation with any governmental authority.
From time to time we may email you with news, information or offers relating to our products and services or those of selected partners. This is to keep you informed of products, services and special offers we believe you may find valuable and may continue after you cease acquiring products and services from us. If you would prefer not to receive promotional or other material from us, please let us know and we will respect your request. You can unsubscribe from such communications at any time if you choose.
To whom may we disclose your information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
• our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operation of our app or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
• suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, insurance and related purposes;
• where required by and due to mandatory requirements of law enforcement agencies, government agencies or courts;
• any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
Do we disclose your personal information to anyone outside Australia?
We may disclose personal information to our related bodies corporate in Australia and other locations (such as the United States and Canada ) and third-party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above.
On some occasions, personal information collected by us may be stored, disclosed and processed both in Australian and/or overseas, including but not limited to the United States and Canada . In these circumstances, we will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the foreign entity to which your personal information is transferred has appropriate measures in place to protect your personal information.
Security of your personal information
We understand that the security of your personal information is important. We have put in place suitable procedures and security features to try to ensure that your personal information is properly protected from misuse or loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
The transmission and exchange of information is carried at your own risk. Please remember that any username or password in relation to our app is personal to you and should not be made available to any other person. You should stop using your username and password and notify us immediately if you suspect that someone else may be using them.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us. Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). You have the right to request deletion of your information. You may contact us as provided in the Contacting Us section below to request assistance. If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
Our products and services may include links to other sites or offer third-party products and services. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our app and welcome any feedback about these sites.
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in timely and appropriate manner.
How long we retain personal information and opting out
The length of time we keep your personal information depends on what it is and whether we have an ongoing business need to retain it (for example, to provide you with a service or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements). We will retain your personal information for as long as we have a relationship with you and for a period afterwards where we have an ongoing business need to retain it. Following that period, we will make sure it is deleted or anonymised.
You can stop collection of information by the app by uninstalling the app from your device. You can also request to opt out via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.